Monday, February 26, 2007

Last trip to Kamakura/Odaiba Onsen

The weekend before I left I took a final trip to Kamakura. We took a different root than I had in the past, starting in Enoshima and ending in Kita-Kamakura before heading to the onsen in Odaiba. Here are some pictures...

Surfing on a beautiful January morning



















This dog was having a blast chasing his ball into the surf.















Anne and I clowning around















Lots of hawks in Kamakura















Daibutsu
















I had to act quickly to get this shot, so it's not the best. This little guy was humming from flower to flower pretty quickly.















Lots of Buddhas at Hase-Dera















Like I said, LOTS of Buddhas!















Rooftops as Hase Dera


























A Buddha at Hase Dera


























Bamboo at Hase Dera


























Tsurugaoka Hachimangu















I thought both of these were great.















Monks

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like they've finished the renovations at Hachimangu. The place was basically covered in a tarp for about the last 6 months of 2006. Great shots, especially the last one. That reminds me that I need to get back to Kamakura soon.

Mike

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger ReyLynda said...

I am so homesick for Kamakura after seeing these *beautiful* photos......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home