Monday, January 29, 2007

This semester's classes

Thought I would post a rundown of my class schedule this semester now that it is finalized.

Information Management, Thursdays from 6:30-9:30pm (starts mid semester)
This class is related to statistics. Since I've taken statistics before, I figured this was a better option as I will learn some new things.

Competition and Strategy, Monday and Wednesday 9:30-11:00am. This is a very interesting class taught by Ben Gomes-Casseres, one of the best teachers I have ever had. I wish every MBA student could experience one of his classes. This is the closest I can offer you. Click on the "first class" link and you can get a taste of what Ben is like. You can also catch a glimpse of me all dressed up in the Careers video....The Orientation video also shows my class playing the Beer Game, which was a lot of fun. I make a brief appearance in that one as well :)

Innovation and Corporate Advantage. 9:10-12pm, Thursday (starts mid semester.) Just taking it because it sounds interesting.

Financial Modeling II, Wednesday 6:40pm-9:30pm (starts mid-semester) Continuation of the modeling courses I took last year and am taking this semester. Professor Canella is another great teacher who really makes you think. He has three degrees from MIT and a lot of personality too. Who would have thought that was possible?

Creating and Managing Value, Tuesday 6:40pm-9:30pm. Same professor as above. Financial Modeling class that will help get my brain prepared for FM II

Japanese 20 Monday-Friday 12pm-1pm. A very intense Japanese class. I'm learning a lot and really enjoying it so far. Sekino-sensei is very tough but really wants us to learn. I like that!

The workload right now is quite manageable so I have plenty of time for the job search. I have an interview tomorrow morning and am waiting from a call to set up one with yet another firm. I also need to call my boss from this summer to see what is happening over there.

So while school is nowhere near as busy now as it was last year, the job search should make up for it.

And to really make sure I have no free time, I will relate this story.

Went to my parent's house Sunday to catch up with the family and collect Christmas presents. My brother gave me a $50 Best Buy gift card and I got $200 from my parents. We also get Mass. lottery tickets in our stockings. Usually these get thrown in the trash after being revealed for losers, but I hit for $100.

That combination of funds, plus hosting a videogame night at my place last Saturday led me to make the leap and buy an XBox 360. Long live the Evil Empire!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home