Thursday, December 14, 2006

Corega Routers Suck Ass

Don't buy one. Ever.

I was under the impression the Japanese made good electronics. Not these guys.

Matt and I pitched in for a wireless router so we could share our internet over here. This was the cheapest one (which at about $75 was not particularly cheap.) The first one just stopped working, period.

Since I stupidly threw away the receipt (expecting it would work) we exchanged it for the same one. It works, but three or four times a day it drops the signal, requiring a reboot of the cable modem, wireless, and my laptop.

My Linksys router back home has NEVER had issues like this. On the rare occasions it drops the signal, turning it on and off always suffices.

So I repeat, don't buy Corega.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Preyy much everything Corega makes sucks. I have a Bluetooth headset here that doesn't work. Total crap. I had a USB hub and that stopped working. I hate them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home