Monday, November 20, 2006

Yesterday's Grub

This is a rundown of what I ate yesterday. I went to the grocery store and got the weekly food supplies as well a few pre-made items.

I started off with a sandwich plate (the tomato is what caught my eye.)















Then had some potato salad. Not the healthiest thing in the world but this meal was a small reminder of home.


























Dinner was more traditionally Japanese. I had some salmon sashimi (this plate costs less then $3) and some wakame soup along with a potato cutlet. Bought the cutlet at the store just because it looked good, I really wasn't sure what was inside.
































I also bought a bag of potato chips for a snack, very rare for me here. These were cheese flavored. Notice that there are actual drops of melted cheese on the chip!
















This is pretty much everything I ate yesterday. I'm mad because I went to a great ramen place for lunch today and did not have my camera on me. That's not going to happen again.

2 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger lao-ocean said...

Oooh, I LOVE salmon! I think that's what I'll have for lunch today. Thanks for helping me decide what to eat today. :)

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Jeff D said...

It's one of the few things that is pretty cheap here compared to the US, which is great.

And if you go to the grocery store at night (say after 9pm) you can find the sashimi and sandwiches and stuff marked down up to 50%.

Unlike the US, they throw it all away at night if they don't sell it. So sashimi that normally costs Y300 can be had for Y150.

Yet another reason why I've lost so much weight over here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home