Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Today's lunch....

I saw another Tokyo resident, Nori (I don't think that's her real name unless she is named after seaweed, but I could very well have no idea what I'm talking about) regular posts photos of what she had for lunch.

I think this is a great idea. So great I'm going to steal it. A lot of people are asking my about the cuisine here so I figure this a great way to show them.

First up: Family Mart Sushi.

We have these rolls. The front are stuffed with battered pork, the back with battered shrimp. Both cooked. The give you cocktail sauce with this one, but I usually don't use it.















Next was something a little more traditional. The red is crab, the green is cucumber. I've already hosed them with shoyu, which is why they are a little brown.
















Together they cost about $5. I usually only get one, but I did not have breakfast today and was a little hungrier than usual.

4 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger -tvu said...

Two fast food rolls and they're only $5? wow..that's really reasonable price. The Japanese super market here in SoCal would charge for $5 each.

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Jeff D said...

Sushi is one of the few things in Japan that is cheaper here than in the U.S. The first on costs about 300 yen, the second 295. You can also get a more traditional nigiri set for about 600 yen.

Not super high quality, but it's good enough.

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyah!!!!!! You got to meet nori nori (it's a nickname)!! I'm so jealous. I used to read her way back on LJ for a long time and even exchanged some letters.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Jeff D said...

No, I didn't. I'd like to, but the instructions for the Vox lunch were in Japanese and well beyond my ability to even figure out where it was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home