Saturday, September 23, 2006

Harajuku, Shibuya, and karaoke!

We met up with Dan tonight in Harajuku ("we" being myself, Matt and our Brandeis classmate Chia-Chi) and had curry for dinner and just checked out the exotically dressed girls of Harajuku. This the heart of the "cosplay" area where the girls will dress as characters from their favorite manga, videogames and TV shoes. It is interesting to say the least.

We found a great T-shirt that unfortunately is not sized for gaijin. In katakana it said "Nihon-go ga wakarimasen" which translates to "I don't understand Japanese." I might have to have one made for myself.

We then wandered one stop down the Yamanote line to Shibuya and had a few drinks at a bar, then decided we were sufficiently lubricated to sing karaoke. We had to convince Chia-Chi (who also goes by Candise) to come but she was probably the best singer of all of us. Actually there is no "probably" about it.

In addition to the several Japanese and Chinese songs that we heard from Dan and Candise the following tunes came up:

Carry On My Wayward Son

Karma Chameleon
Dope Nose
Don't Stop Believing
Heat of the Moment (Asia, of course)
Mr. Roboto
Mississippi Queen
I Will Follow
Sit On My Face

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home