Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Crows

I think it is amusing that the crows here are just slightly different than they are in the States.

They are still crows. They are black, cunning as all heck and very bold. From what I have seen they also tend to be a bit larger here. OK, they are a LOT larger. Their beaks are a shaped a little differently and the "caw" does not quite sound the same as it does in the States. Not quite as shrill.

For some reason this reminds me again of Vincent Vega describing Amsterdam, where they have the same shit as they do in the U.S, but over there it is just a little different.

In Japan, a lot of things are a little different.

3 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff, this is Peter from IBS. I'm a first year MBA student and work in the admissions office with Holly Chase. I'm currently setting up a blog of IBS students:
http://brandeisibs.braveblog.com
I like your blog and it would be very nice to have on our blog contributions from you, an IBS student currently studying abroad (I also plan to go to Japan during my third semester!) What do you think?My email is pskorpil@hotmail.com
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Peter

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, many creatures here are bigger than their western counterparts. The crows and hawks can be pretty agressive if you give them food. So, don't. :) I've found bugs are the biggest though. -Nicki

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Jeff D said...

Yeah I don't feed the crows. And I saw the biggest freakin' cockroach I've ever seen in our kitchen, which led to me bitching out all the Chinese guys on our floor for constantly leaving food scraps in the sink.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home