Friday, September 01, 2006

Back in Bangkok for a few days.

Back at Big John's in Bangkok. Thankfully my backpack was delivered here on the 29th. Thanks Air China. You didn't get me here at all and took a week to get my bag here. What a shitty airline. Everyone I talked to on the phone with them could have cared less if I had my bag or not. I think the young man at Bangkok International Airport who tracked down my bag for me. Once again the Thai desire to insure that their visitors have a good time comes through.

Tomorrow or Sunday we are off to Angkor Wat in Cambodia. After than on to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam (also known as Saigon.) Lucky for me that I came back a day earlier than my friends, because I was able to go to the Vietnamese Embassy and apply for my expidited Visa and pick it up today. If I'd come back today, I would not have had my visa until Tuesday because the embassy will be closed MOnday for some Vietnamese national holiday.

Had that been the case I'd have gone to Angkor Wat and then back to Koh Samui or Koh Tao for the week. Not that I'd have complained about that.

Tried to upload photos at Big John's but with no success. The computers are too slow, as is the internet connection. It looks like the upload will have to wait until Japan.

I visited the Grand Palace today and took upwards of 200 photographs, so I will soon be looking to move these over to DVD or disc. I will need to create some room on my SD cards very soon indeed.

I'll be meeting up with Matt and Jake at the Ambassador tomorrow so we can plot out our next week. At latest we will be headed out of Bangkok on Sunday for Angkor Wat. More later.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger k said...

Hey,

It seems you are having a great trip. I'm back in London now and it's rainy and cold. Enjoy your time in Asia and have good fun for me :)

Karibu

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger KaliAmanda said...

Wow, I can't wait to see all those photos! Sounds like you are having a grand time, good for you. I'm a little jealous...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home