Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My bags are packed...

and I am flying out tomorrow at about 1pm. I will be travelling for approximately 24 hours and will land in Bangkok on August 25th at about 12:30am if all goes according to plan. I have lengthy layovers at every changeover stop (New York and Beijing) that should allow me plenty of time to clear security.

My pack is mostly loaded up. I might make some minor changes but this is a general list of what I'm taking:

2 pairs of pants (REI, with legs that zip off)
3 t-shirts (Coolmax fabric)
bathing suit
2 pair of sweatpants (very light, breathable fabrics)
3 pair of shorts
1 pair hiking shoes
1 pair hiking sandles
1 pair flip-flop sandles
underwear, socks, etc

2 cans of mosquito repellent
1 bottle of SPF 45 sunscreen
1 bottle of anti-bacterial hand wash
2 rolls of toilet paper (just in case)
1 multitool my buddy Dave got me that has a fold-out knife, fork, and spoon.
2 travel bottles of shampoo
1 Mach II razor with two spare blades
1 bottle of shaving cream.

In my carryon I will have:

Hitachi DVD camcorder and all batteries, cords, discs, etc
Panasonic Lumix FZ-30 ultrazoom camera
Canon A540 point-and-shoot camera
Treo 650 cell phone
SD cards
2 2GB cards
1 1GB card
15 GB Dell Jukebox
Bose noise reducing headphones
The latest Wired, Men's Health, Economist, and BusinessWeek magazines
my Japanese language textbook
the first book of Neil Stephenson's Baroque cycle


Along with various other things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

I'll report more from Bangkok.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger KaliAmanda said...

Have a wonderful, safe and joyous trip! Learn a lot, take tons of photos. Have a great time. Be careful. Learn a lot!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home