Monday, December 26, 2005

Most of the grades are in...

and they're not quite as good as I'd hoped but pretty good overall. I will probably average out to a 3.5 or 3.6. I hope to improve on that next semester.

My only real disappointment was a B in finance. I feel like if I'd put more time into it I'd have done better. On each test there was one usually only one question I couldn't answer and unfortunately it was a big one. But it is in the past. This semester will be much more mathematical in nature so I hope I'm up to the challenge.

After the small celebration following the finance final I came home and went to bed. I forced myself up at 8pm to go out and meet some friends, otherwise I'd have woken up at midnight wide-awake and totally thrown myself off. I ended up playing poker which was fun but probably not the best idea in hindsight. I lost $40 in a game that I've been winning about half the time I play it. My mind was definitely not at its sharpest.

I tried to work in admissions the next morning but felt awful and ended up going home and sleeping the rest of the day. I think my body was just craving rest after a few weeks of deprivation. I felt much better by Friday.

My brothers also bought us a Foreman grill which I'm going to fire up tomorrow to cook some Korean terikayi beef. I also plan on heading down to the Korean market to restock my supplies of udon noodles and possibly kim-chee. I'm running a little low.

This week the school is closed so I will not be working in admissions. On the to-do list:

  • Revise my resume (I talked to a friend of a friend regarding it and he had many good suggestions)
  • Clean and organize my study area and prepare for next semester
  • get to the gym every day

The gym really fell by the wayside towards the end of last semester, unsurprisingly. This semester should be much better as I have very few early morning classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home